Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Swap Rocks!

All my life, I have picked up rocks and stones and pebbles wherever I went. I'm sure there are still sacks of them hidden in closets in my childhood home.

Even now, I have small piles of them here and there... some by my computer, some around my tabletop fountain, a few scattered amongst my plants. Often, I forget where I found them. But sometimes they retain part of the character of the place or an echo of the feelings of the day. Those are the special ones, the ones that end up on or near my little shrine.

Anytime anyone I know plans to travel, I always ask for a rock instead of a touristy doodad. I've gotten some amazing rocks this way.

I've just started my first Swap-Bot swap. As if I have time to do anything else... I'm a bit overcommited, but apparently addicted.

I really hope most folks don't read it and think I'm "dumb as a rock." :o
It would be great to get a few dedicated people who understand the spirit of rocks. We'll see. If you want to join, the link is to the right.

[Triumph! I actually got a functioning button there! Still can't get the others to work, but now there's hope.]

No comments: