Friday, May 11, 2007

Hosting another swap...

I said I'd restrain myself, but nope. I set up another swap last night. In my defense, it's just a postcard swap. I've found that getting postcards is just too much fun. This one combines my love of posties with my love of fabrics... I'm asking folks to buy or create postcards that depict fabric, either the fabric itself or fabric being made, as on a loom. Not a terribly popular idea so far... Only three have signed up. But it did get bumped off the recent swaps list pretty quickly, so maybe that's it.

Anyway, please join me: Textiles Postcard Swap. Sign-ups end June 1 and postcards should be sent by June 15.

I finally cut the felted sweater for the purse, but I haven't begun to stitch it together yet. I found some cute 60s-ish fabric for the liner, plus some fuschia canvas strapping (for the strap... duh). And I have plans to applique some felt flowers and perhaps do some embroidery on it, too. I may be exceeding my sewing talents, though, since I have no idea where my sewing machine is at the moment. That should tell you how often I use it.

I wish I had thought to take pictures of the sweater before I felted it and before I cut it, but I guess pix of the finished product will have to do. I'm determined to devote this weekend to getting it done.

Speaking of photos... Here are the Tibetan prayer flags that make me so happy every time I look out my window.



No comments: