Monday, May 21, 2007

A few of the promised photos...

I'm supposed to be at my bench, but I thought I'd play hookey long enough to post a few pix.

First, here are the socks and hat I just finished for Afghans for Afghans.


















Next is the handbag I made out of a felted sweater for Swap-Bot. I'm a little embarrassed by the (lack of) quality of construction... My sewing machine hasn't been used in so long that it just refused to do anything for me. So that meant hand-stitching the lining and then stitching it to the bag... and I'm not very good at that. I mean, it will stay together, but it isn't exactly lovely. Also, I think my Gramma Dolamore would shudder at the embroidery. Obviously haven't done that in years, either.

Still, I think the colors are pretty and the overall effect is what I intended. Sure hope my partner likes it.




















Here are four mandalas I drew for another swap. I used to do this a lot as a way to meditate and let my spirit play, but these are the first I've done in years. I forgot how much I enjoy just letting go and seeing what happens. In this case, the process really is more important than the product, but I do hope my partners like them.



















And finally, here are the trumpeter swans. I didn't catch them forming the perfect heart with their necks, but close. Still wish I could have gotten them standing on their heads.















Okay, now back to the bench. I have more photos to share, especially of the moose and the Chena River. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that handbag! You're right -- the colors are sweet. I think the embroidery is nice, too.